Sunday, November 24, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL ~ DISPLAY OF SOME OF MY THANKSGIVING CARDS


Like everyone else this week I have a lot to do and not enough time in the day !  Thanksgiving is upon us once more and we look forward to the traditional smells and flavors of Turkey and Pumpkin Pies ....and a home filled with warmth and love that we share with our family.
At this time of year I always try to reflect upon the lives of many more people in this world who are less fortunate than the majority of American people. My heart goes out to the people of the Philipines who have just experienced so much tragic loss and I am so grateful to live in a place where our citizens are willing to pitch and help these lovely people. 
 I wanted to share a few photos of some of the Thanksgiving cards I made this year. I like to make all my cards different...somewhat tailored to the recipients. I used a variety of papers and embellishments as you can see. My favorite is the one at the top which has Graphic 45 papers from "November - Place in Time", as well as a background of Burlap paper (real burlap that is fused to a paper backing from DCWV - I have this in my Etsy shop) and also the lettering cut our with the Cricut machine and a THANKSGIVING cartridge, and a little plastic 3-D Turkey made by Jolee's embellishments to top it all off !

Hope you enjoy seeing these cards as I pop them all into the mailbox in the morning. See you again soo - GOD BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY !! ~ Barb







1 comment: