Thursday, May 9, 2013

GENUINE VICTORIAN CARDS MADE INTO BRAND NEW CREATIONS ! PLUS- MORE BLOG CANDY !!

Hi Everyone !!
         Here we are on the brink of another Mother's Day .... and I have a Father's Day card to share with you !! Ha Ha - I am ALWAYS getting ahead of myself. (Maybe that's why I fall down a lot !?)

         My latest passion has been to create cards and altered items by using and incorporating Victorian Greeting cards, Victorian Trade Cards, and Victorian Scrapbook pieces into something new. When I have a good collection made up I will begin to sell them in my Etsy shop. I find that the lovely silk-screened images have a certain charm to them that I cannot resist ! I like to utilize cellophane envelopes to encase the actual Antique Ephemera so that it may be removed from the card and re-utilized or enjoyed in other ways by the recipient. This adorable trading card of a Dad sleeping in his rocking chair with his newspaper really spoke to me - especially when I saw that if you hold the picture up to the light, his eyes "open" and the newspaper headline pops up !!  How clever were these artists from over 100 years ago !
      I designed this card using a Cuttlebug Embossing Die called "BROCADE WINDOW" which is available in my ETSY store. I made the cut with Ivory Cardstock and then I mounted it on  the front of a heavy white cardstock "Photo" card that has the window already cut out in about a 3"x4" rectangle . I placed the Victorian card inside a Cellophane envelope and slid it into place, then added some ribbon and some satiny half-round garnets for bling. As you can see, the Victorian piece can be easily removed to enjoy ! This one will make a wonderful and unique Father's Day card ~ or it could be used as a masculine Birthday Greeting too...I like to add my sentiments to the card as a Custom Design for the buyer.




Here is the BLOG CANDY for this Sunday night - MOTHER'S DAY !! WooHoo!!!
It is a set of stamps that are very useful for lots of things...Dressform, Birdcage and other designs to enhance your cards and projects ....Good luck everyone and Happy Mother's| Day !



3 comments:

  1. Great masculine card! I love your idea of keeping the vintage piece in plastic to keep it usable for something else. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. TFS.
    D- dmcardmaker (AOL)
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete