Sunday, July 15, 2012

GRAPHIC 45~ LADIE'S DIARY BIRTHDAY CARD ~

Hello Everyone ~  Happy Sunday to You ...
  
     Lately it seems as though I spend most Sunday afternoons with my crafting, and my favorite thing to do is to make cards.
    Just wanted to share a card with you that I made today for my Mother-In-Law's birthday coming up.... I included several views so that you may see the layers. I layered this all on an Ivory cardstock card, first layer is pink vellum which I punched with a "fleur de lis" border punch , and then placed a dusty blue stripe cardstock background on top of that ( which is one of the G45 papers in the collection ) and built the card from there.
I used Graphic 45's  Ladie's Diary collection....and cut out some of the details. The "mirror" was stamped and cut out in brown and then I used Spectrum Noir pens in mahogany color and black to color in a "wood frame", then I stamped another one on silver shiny paper and stamped the sentiment in the middle, then cut it out and glued inside the "wood" frame. I used silver paper as an edging for the rectangle with the lady looking in the mirror. I then sprayed her with Tattered Angels Silver Mist ( which unfortunately does not show well on camera ) to give it a little soft, sparkly, patina. Next, I cut out the lady from one the first page and removed her parasol. Then glued a lace edging  to the underside of the parasol,placed several layers of foam tape under it and rounded out the shape. I used a 3" Floral stick pin with a silver charm on it and pearl to create the "handle for the parasol, and painted the shaft of it black. I then glued it to the lady's hand so it looks like she is holding the umbrella. Naturally the lady is mounted with additional foam tape over top a crocheted doily, ribbons, feathers, and a swirl of pearls and tiny roses.  I used the 8"x8" papers for this card.
  If you have not tried the Graphic 45 Papers, have a look in my Etsy store for some and see the NEW COLLECTIONS coming in August ! 
  Thanks for looking here and have a Blessed Day !!



~Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment