Friday, May 11, 2012

A Tribute To Mother

You see here another card I made this week for Mother's Day to send to my husband's mother... I cut the phrase from the "Wrap It Up" cartridge, as it was the one I seemed to like best of all the Cricut cartridges that I have. I cut it in pink card stock and coated it with "Glossy Accents" to make it pop out a little more from the card surface. The background is from Graphic 45s "Little Darlings" papers. On top of that is a 100 year-old silk screened business card advertisement for a Sassafras drink. When I spotted this card in my box full of collectible Ephemera, I immediately thought that this would be a gorgeous Mother's Day card. I love the playful way she is holding her child and the beautiful coral dress she is wearing !  I added some cotton ecru lace and green ribbon "vines" with a Prima flower and some pearls.... My Mother-in-law loves antiques and Victorian decor , so I think this card is perfect for her.
I will be missing the physical presence, the scent, the loving hugs, and kisses from my mother on this coming Sunday. Nothing can replace her or the memories of her that I have contained in my spirit. But I know nonetheless that she will be with me that day.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you....and if you are lucky enough to still have her with you, be sure that you  let her know how much you care ~  God Bless !

3 comments: