Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Poppies...Poppies....Reminder of Veterans

Hello - All  -
       I know this is a little late in posting, but I made this card for a dear friend who is also a WWII Veteran, and since his birthday is close to the anniversary of D-Day I thought this would be an appropriate theme for his card.  Earlier I showed you the embossed image that I had done with the Spectrum Noir pencils and now here is the finished card for you to see as I have already put it into the mail.
       It is not too fussy (as it is for a gentleman) but I thought the colors turned out well and the accent of red silk ribbon and a tiny bit of "Black Diamond" stickles for a hint of flower stamens added just enough pizzazz !
I tend to like a more tailored look to my cards anyway...I find that is really my "comfort zone", but now and then you will see me venture out into something more flamboyant !  Ha ha  !
      Thanks so much for joining me and having a look at my attempts at crafting ...  Be back soon !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment