Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Loving Lilacs ....Tribute to My Mom and Grandmother

Hi Everyone -  Sorry I have been away so long. It has been a busy month of June and I have been doing a lot of crafting for numerous birthdays, anniversaries, new babies, etc... It has been hard to keep up with it all and still be able to post on here. Maybe when I retire ...............   :>)

Well, this card was inspired by a beautiful paper pattern from Graphic 45's  "Sweet Sentiments" Collection. I fell in love with the lilac print. My Grandmother had lilac trees around her house and every spring it was so nice to be there and smell that wonderful aroma in the air !  My mother also loved them very much and we often spoke of how nice it would be to have Lilac trees in Florida. We tried to grow some here, but they will not thrive in the sub-tropical climate. So, I have silk arrangements of them in my house.






The card was made using a new Spellbinders die that I found, which is a "Fold and Tuck" Shapeabilities  die. I think it is called Carousel, and reminds me of the top of a Merry-Go-Round .... It was fun to cut and fold the sections back to reveal both sides of this wonderful paper from G45. I will be doing this with some other patterns because I loved how it looks. It gives a 3 dimensional look to your cards too... Here are some pictures I made of the different stages of constructing the card. I was lucky enough to find some purple foil paper that I used to make one of the carousels and used it as a "base" for the floral toppers. It is hard to see all the dimensions from these pictures, but I will try to get some better pix made if I can get them downloaded.




















No comments:

Post a Comment