Sunday, January 26, 2014

Getting Started on Valentines !


Hello Fellow Crafters !!

       This is a very simple layered A2 Valentine card that I made. I used plain red cardstock for the base, cut at  A2 size by using a letter sized piece which was cut in half so you get a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" rectangle, then folded it lengthwise for this one.  I then cut a 5" x 8" rectangle of Valentine themed cardstock which is available at Michael's stores for the second layer, and before gluing it onto the red, I added a single strip of red satin narrow ribbon across it. For the next piece, I cut another deep red rectangle at 3 1/2" x 3" and a piece of white cardstock that was 1/4" smaller and then ran it through my Cuttlebug using an adorable Sizzix hearts folder that is available from my Etsy shop.  I then cut out some hearts with my CUttlebug using the "Hearts and Stamps" Cuttlebug die set (also available in my Etsy shop) . I glued on all the embellishments, including some red & crystal rhinestones scattered about, and the tied another piece of the red satin ribbon around that rectangle - plus I ran it through the center of the hollow heart I had cut out and tied it into a bow. I then mounted the embellished rectangle on top of the larger pieces by using some foam tape to add height and dimension to the card.  Inside there is a Valentine sentiment stamped on white cardstock and mounted on top of the red cardstock.
      I have many more Valentines left to finish and will try to post a few of them soon !  Keep tuned into this Blog Station of mine for more coming up !!
Happy Crafting !  ~  With Love,   Barbara

2 comments: