Saturday, August 3, 2013

ALTERED BOTTLED DRINK CARRIER - SHABBY CHIC "MOULIN ROUGE TILDA" and BLOG CANDY WINNER !!

Hi Everyone !    Sorry I have been away for awhile, but family obligations come before anything else ... I am sure you understand.  I did remember however to have the drawing last weekend, even though I was 800 miles from home at the time !  The winner of the Graphic 45  paper pad is ...........  SCRAPRAGEOUS  !!    Congratulations !!  Please send me your  mailing address to familytrader@embarqmail.com or send me a message through my Etsy shop ... 

I have had a very busy summer and took on a few new projects for swaps on the Cricut Message Board. This one was lot of fun to do and was something I have never tried before. 

In this swap, we were to alter a cardboard 6-pack drink carrier and make it into something to use in the craft room to hold cans of paint, spray adhesives, etc... My partner wanted something in shabby chic design ( a challenge for me !) and she liked pastel colors. So I launched out into the world of Magnolia stamps and the cute little girl named "Tilda" . She had a stamp where she poses as a "Can-Can" dancer at the Moulin Rouge, and so I let my imagination run wild with that !  

One of the first things I did, was to reinforce the bottom and sides of the carrier with a layer of Cricut light pink adhesive vinyl. I measured and made a simple rectangular cut of it to adhere to the bottom of the carrier and up the sides. This does not interfere with the ability to fold up the carrier if so desired. 



 I then added a layer of nice textured Coredinations cardstock in a textured and sand-able design that had charcoal gray and light pink with a dark pink under-layer, and a nice Floral design on it too. It was awesome to work with this paper !!  I stamped and colored the Tilda and then fussy cut her out to adhere to a lace paper doily. 




I found some grosgrain ribbons in black/white dots and glued to the top and around the inside of the carrying slot. I found a really cute key for the front and I made b/w dotted paper flowers for it and added them along with the pink tulle bow, some white feathers, pink wire swirls, and a stick pin that had pearls and crystals that I made as well.  I then decided that it would be appropriate to add the sentiment "Yes, I Can-Can" to a piece of cardstock and encase it into a very ornate metal tag on the front.   

I also stamped some harlequin prints on cardstock and added to the side panels along with

the Eiffel Tower.  On the back of the carrier, I added the recipient's name in fabric covered letters on chipboard and a cute little embroidered fabric butterfly . 

As always, thanks for taking the time to visit with me... I appreciate all of you !!  

Love & Blessings,  Barbara

2 comments: