Sunday, June 30, 2013

GRAPHIC 45 FRENCH COUNTRY ~ ALTERED JAR PROJECT

Hello Crafters !  

        I had a challenge this week to complete something that is a little out of the ordinary for me...an altered bottle or jar. I admit that I tried 3 other methods before deciding on this particular one. I was not happy with the way they turned out....sometimes that is just the way "the cookie crumbles" , or in one case "the way the glass breaks" !!  Ha Ha !!
       I found a hinged lid, French canning jar that I had stashed away and decided that it needed a genuine French look to it, so I pulled out my "FRENCH COUNTRY" Graphic 45 paper pad and went to work. I first cut a 1" border strip to glue around the center belly of the jar. Then, I fussy cut the Rooster and Sunflowers out, and decoupaged them onto the glass . I also added  a small matching sentiment from the collection on the back side. I added a circle to the top of the lid that matches the border design. Lastly, I filled the container with bright Fall flowers and added a forest green ribbon and some bling...
     This will be going in the mail tomorrow to a partner in a Cricut Message Board swap. I hope she will enjoy it as much as I did in creating it for her !




7 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks awesome, not sure what happened with the others you tried but am sure the recipient will love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks y'all !! I hated to give this away...so now I have to make one for myself !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty jar. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com
    (I could have sworn I left a comment on this before)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I enjoy it very much. It is in the middle of my dining room table. My dining table has been the source of much frustration for me. Everyone using it as a catch all. This gift has given me a reason (a very pretty reason, I might add) to keep my table clean and is a deterrent for much of the clutter that used to end up there. Thank you so much Barb!
    Donna G.

    ReplyDelete