Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Graphic 45 French Country Tissue Box & Blog Candy !

Hi Everyone !  
      
  Thanks for joining me again... So glad that you are part of the crafting community ! I just don't know what I would do without the stress relief of crafting in my life from week to week. It is literally a Life Saver .  I have a few larger projects going on a the moment. I know that sometimes you must think that I only make cards....but I am a lot more industrious than that ! I have been working on my new decor items for my office rest room and I have completed the Tissue Box Holder which I will show you today. I have not quite finished the Bowl Brush Caddy & TP Holder - but it is almost there...so I will save it for the next post.


 I used a combination of a some small cuts from the Eiffel Tower Stamps pages in the now discontinued "Curtain Call" Collection, but the majority of the paper cuts and backgrounds on this are from the new "FRENCH COUNTRY" COLLECTION . I used the 8x8 paper pad for all of the images. I have found that the 8x8 size is much easier to use for most projects that I do. The images on the 12x12 papers are larger and more difficult to fit onto small items. I did use some 12x12 papers on the Bathroom Caddy because of it's size. I layered some fussy cuts on the backgrounds. The larger sunflower you see here has been coated with GLOSSY ACCENTS so it is thick and shiny ! All four sides of the box are different and the top is different too. I used some gold metallic wax (Rub'n'Buff) on the box which I randomly "brushed on" with my fingers and then used a cloth to spread it and buff it out. I used it on the paper as well as on the metal Tim Holtz embossed corner protectors. I also rubbed some on any exposed wood areas (like the inside of the tissue opening on top).
 





       

           It took about 4 hours to complete this, and the toughest part was deciding where I wanted to put each cut-out piece !  Lots of fun to do .... I have the plain wood tissue boxes for sale in my Etsy shop too...they are really handy to have, as well as some plain wood 3 piece tray sets that are lots of fun to embellish.
        I will try to get these pictures on here now....and if you leave me some "LUV" at the end of this post you will be entered into this Sunday night's drawing for a set of CREATIVE MEMORIES  Paper Ribbons.
       HAPPY CRAFTING !!   :>)       ~Barbara

4 comments:

  1. Barb, I love this!! First of all, I love Graphic 45, and you did a fantastic job making this! Can't wait to see the rest!!! It must have been Kleenex box week, I just finished one yesterday, but it's not as detailed as yours!!!!
    Have a great week!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb this is sooo beautiful. TFS your talents with us!
    D-
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one elegant tissue box. Beautiful job with Graphic 45 paper. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I love making these too.

    ReplyDelete