Thursday, September 6, 2012

ALTERED FRAME PROJECT - "BORN TO SHOP"

I recently completed a SWAP on the Cricut Message Board that required us to exchange a 5x7 picture frame that had been altered according to the theme or colors requested by our partners. My partner wanted something "Girly" with pink and black and white, so I came up with this idea.




Using a simple wooden frame, I first painted it in flat white acrylics, then sponged on some black and dry-brushed it with a pastel baby pink color. Then I "crackle " finished it . After allowing the crackle finish to dry overnight, I applied a hand rubbed finish of silver paste. The embellishments were a combo of black and white and variegated feathers, hand-rolled flowers made from black & white printed paper which I distressed and aged...an assortment of beads and glitter and silver charms - including and Eiffel Tower and a kitty cat. Then I stamped one of my favorite Loralie Ladies and colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers, and fussy cut her out, along with a few  additional "parts" to layer on top. Used some Glossy Accents on her Hot Pink Lips and her shoes....Stamped a "Born to Shop" logo, which was mounted on silver foil and placed all that on some black & white striped and embossed background paper for the insert.

This was so much fun I have decided to make a few more of these for my friends....
Thanks for taking a look at my Blog....
Come back soon for some FREE OCTOBER-FEST BLOG CANDY !!

1 comment:

  1. You do the most gorgeous crafting! I love this frame, you swap partner is going to love it too!

    ReplyDelete