Sunday, August 12, 2012

SCHOOL IS COMING AGAIN !! A Card For A New Teacher

Hi Everyone... 
    I have had a really crazy month with a busy work schedule and some "down time" for a few days battling a case of the Shingles. Not much fun - so if you are 55 or older, please be sure to get a Shingles Vaccination !!  You definitely do not want to get them if you can avoid it.
    So, I have been dipping into my Graphic 45 stash again to make a card this time for a friend who is going to be experiencing her first year as a school teacher. Naturally, I grabbed my pad of 8x8"  AN ABC PRIMER and went to work on something tailored for the occasion ! I loved this 4x4 square of an old-fashioned teacher working with her students...
   I really love the use of bold colors in this and the Black & White buttons and ribbon  I found to embellish with...it was lots of fun to create. The punch I used for the golden border was from Fiskars. This was layered over smooth black cardstock, which was layered on a textured orange-red cardstock.  I hope you like it !!

1 comment: