Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Busy Time Of the Year !

   Fall is definitely in full swing around here !  There are all kinds of carnivals and fairs and festivals popping up all over the State. There are really so many things to do that it is difficult to choose. I am looking forward to a local charity carnival this weekend, because I am craving some FUNNEL CAKES and COTTON CANDY and DEEP-FRIED ANYTHING They have !! Ha Ha !!  Well, half the fun I recall of going to carnivals as a child, involved the fun foods ... and I have the waistline to PROVE it !!

  In the meantime, I have been busy trying to keep up with a lot of SWAPS and CHALLENGES on the Cricut Message Board. Here is a look at a few things I have made, beginning with a set of goodies I made using my Cuttlebug machine . Using the Pumpkin Harvest and AutumnType embossing folders, I made a set of tags and mini-composition books. I also used a Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss Die for a small pumpkin which I then used some watercolors on to enhance, and a couple of coats of GlossyAccents for shine. I then placed the pumpkin on a linen covered tag, did some stamping, some bling and voila !  I embossed the Pumpkin Harvest folder on the linen as well as the back of the tag...It is hard to see the impression on the linene in the photo however. I also water-colored the pumpkins on the back of the tag.  I love how it turned out.
For the mini-comp book,  I embossed some kraft paper with the Autumn type and layered that on top of Fall colored paper which I glued onto a mini-comp book...addded some ribbon and tiny cricut cut leaves , a little ink here and there, and a stick pin.
More to come soon !!

No comments:

Post a Comment