Monday, September 26, 2011

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...........

....."and a  Japanese Transistor Radio !!!......."   Who remembers that one ?  Allen Sherman from the 1960's and his  parody of the 12 Days of Christmas Song....I was in Junior High School and we were all singing and laughing all through the Holidays with that one.
     Well, I started a SWAP on the Cricut Message Board and I have to make 12 Christmas items using the song as the Inspiration ( the old one, not the Sherman version ! )  for the items I make. I am trying to use all things I already have in my stash around the house, as I have requested all the other members of the group to do likewise. I found a wooden box in my closet a few days ago that I had not used in years. I am something of a Pack Rat, so being a Crafter is ideal for my "second occupation" as my hubby calls it.
    This box was in bad shape actually, so I sanded it off and painted it with black glossy paint. After it dried overnight, I added some Antique Gold Rub'n'Buff and rubbed off the excess. I lined the inside with Christmas cardstock. The top was made by Embossing gold textured cardstock with my Cuttlebug Machine and a new folder I found from Sizzix, which is a bird in a pear tree.  I then rubbed it with some black paint for detail and wiped off the excess. I glued it on the top and then added a red ribbon loop to help open the lid.
   THis will eventually be filled with some other Christmas goodies for the SWAP, but I have not decided exactly what it will be.
    Another hot, humid, rainy weekend in Florida to start off the Fall season...looking forward to some cooler temperatures soon !! 
Many Blessings to You ~    Barbara



No comments:

Post a Comment