Thursday, July 21, 2011

"THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

     Well, I can truly click the heels of my little red shoes and repeat Dorothy's words over and over again... After 12 days of being gone, as WONDERFUL as the trip was, I was happy to be home in my own bed last night.
     I went "home" to Baltimore, where I was born and raised and revisited the homes we once lived in, the schools where I once attended, and had a heart-warming reunion with friends and family members. It is a trip shall always remember with a smile on my face. Some of these folks I had not seen in over 30 years. Interestingly, there were moments when I felt like I had never left; when things were all so familiar. Then there were times I felt out of place, like a foreigner. My emotions were shaken and stirred as the memories flooded my mind. My senses were alive and heightened. I wanted to taste, touch and smell everything and commit it to memory. I can't wait to get started on a Travel Journal/ Memory Book of my trip this weekend. I will be sharing it with you in the days ahead.
      First installment.... have you ever tasted "CRAB-FLAVORED" Potato Chips ?  ...Yummy !! Only in Baltimore !! Three cheers for OLD BAY seasoning !!

No comments:

Post a Comment