Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"DAD IS A CLASSIC" - Father's Day Card


I made this card for my father-in-law for Father's Day, as he is car lover ...
I used the Father's Day cartridge for the black & red "Happy Father's Day" emblem and the car cut inside. I glued the outline of the car that was cut with my Cricut and printed the sentiment on Vellum paper and then placed it on top of the car outline, so the "car" shows through. The card-stock is printed to look like car upholstery leather....and the key & chain on the outside are REAL from an old car we had. I thought the key finished it nicely set off by Red Grosgrain ribbon. The "silver" background is actually real aluminum metal 4x4 sheet that is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called "stripes" and then I mounted it on black cardstock. I also used a cardstock photo of an old car that I found at a Craft Shop and mounted it on black cardstock to hlep it stand out a little more... Then I glue black half-pearls on the corners of the picture. Everything is mounted with black foam squares underneath... The Pennant flag border at the top reminded me of the Old Used Car Lot that my Dad used to own !

Thanks so much for looking........ and Happy Father's Day weekend to you all !

1 comment:

  1. What a great Father's Day Card! It's wonderful and I like the sentiment on the inside!

    Stay Crafty!
    Mary
    http://marys-crafty-scraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete