Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bigger & Better In Texas Card ~ Spinning Wheel Technique

Hi Fellow Crafters ! 

            I needed to make a "Spinning Wheel" card for a SWAP that I am on the Cricut Message Board, and wanted to come up with something that would be a special theme for my partner. Since she lives in Texas, the first thing that comes to my mind is cowboys and horses.... I found some adorable Cowboy themed paper at Michael's and went to work !
   Using a cartridge called "Old West" I cut out a horse and a "Howdy" and inside a sentiment on a plaque that says "Happy Trails". Most everything is mounted with foam tape for a 3-D effect. I used some hemp twine through bronze eyelets at the top....bronze brads on each corner at the bottom. Around the cut-out for the window, I glued some rawhide strips as trim.
    I hope she will be happy with it, as I had fun putting it together for her. The wheel spins and has the sentiments on it : "Texas Is Bigger & Better",  "A Big Texas Howdy", "Just Horsin' Around", " Have a Rootin' Tootin' Happy Birthday, and "Howdy Partner".
    It is hard to see the Thumb Wheel control, but it is on the right side of the card under the "Howdy".

Mounting the top of the card onto a card base at the very end allows the foam tape plenty of room for the wheel to move around.
    Have a Great Weekend everyone !

  

No comments:

Post a Comment