Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Latest Experiment - Starting my Own Blog !!

Okay - so this is my first attempt at a blog and I have NO idea what I am doing....so I would appreciate any helpful hints from anyone !  The main reason I wanted to do this was to be able to share some of my ideas with others. It is also a great way to do a little marketing , so I am not a "slave" for Ebay !  I look for great deals of craft items, especially Provocraft Cricut and Cuttlebug items, and try to pass those deals on to my friends. I also would like to develop some interest in SWAPPING craft items with my readers. I may even give away some freebies ! So, hopefully this is an incentive for some of you more experiences "bloggers" to help me develop my page. Many thanks and Happy Crafting !! 

Here is a picture of my newest card creation. This was done by embossing a mat with my Cuttlebug, using the Pears folder from the "Preserves" Cricut Companion Set. Then, I layered it on a card with 3 sizes of Nestabilties "Stacked Pears" using various shades of pastel yellow and green "Coredinations" papers. I also used a sponge dauber and light brown and green ink to do some shding and highlighting. I used a yellow eyelet and a light green eyelet at the top and tied a twine bow through them...I used foam squares to attach and layer the pears.  Inside there is a sentiment for my Mother and Father In-Law " You 2 make the Perfect Pear" because they are such great people !  I placed another pear image with a smaller one tucked right inside the largest die cut pear to symbolize their marriage as the 2 becoming "one".... After 63 years of marriage I would say that is definitely the Truth for them !


No comments:

Post a Comment